2013-2016: MFA in Directing, Boston University, Artistic Director track
Master’s Certificate in Arts Administration, Boston University
1999-2002: MFA in Acting at Florida State’s Asolo Conservatory for Actor Training
1996-1999: BFA in Theatre Arts, Emporia State University, KS
1992-1996: BS in Journalism (Creative Advertising), Theatre Minor
Salem State University (Fall 2016-present)
- Voice for Performance I (Linklater and Roy Hart)
- Acting III
- Directing I
- Applied Movement (300-level)
- Dramatic Theory & Criticism
- Oral Communications: Personal and Professional
- Oral Communications for Business
Commonwealth Shakespeare Company (2017-present)
- Associate Artistic Director and Director of the CSC Academy
- Co-creator of Co-Lab, an acting intensive for Black, Indigenous and People of Color, taught exclusively by BIPOC artists
- Primary Teacher of Apprentice Program (Shakespeare's Text, Acting & Scene Study for early-career actors) both in-person and online
- Apprentice Showcase Director: Henry IV, Part 1 (2017), Henry VI part 2 (2018) and A Midsummer Night's Dream (2019)
Boston Conservatory (2015-present)
Recurring Guest Lecturer in Improvisation for Eli Epstein’s course, “The Creative Musician”
Boston University (Fall 2013-Spring 2016)
- Acting and Performance 1 (Scene work, monologues, improvisation, movement)
- Modern Drama 1850-1950 (Dramatic Literature/lecture & discussion class)
- Voice and Speech 1, 2 and Sound & Movement (Directed Study/TA of Linklater with Paula Langton)
- Acting 2 (Teacher’s Assistant to Judy Braha)
- Directing 1 and 2 (Teacher’s Assistant to Clay Hopper and Sid Friedman)
- Intro to Dramatic Literature and Aesthetics (Teacher’s Assistant to Ilana Brownstein, 3 semesters)
- Modern Drama (Teacher’s Assistant to Ilana Brownstein, 1 semester)
Boston University Summer Theatre Intensive (BUSTI 2015)
Acting (Taught high school juniors and seniors in a conservatory-prep setting)
Stephens College, Columbia, MO (2012)
Shakespeare Cold-Reading & Audition Techniques Workshop
RELATED WORK/SKILLS OF INTEREST
Artistic Director of Anthem Theatre Company
- Resident Company at Boston Center for the Arts (three-year residency, 2016-2019)
- Anthem is a self-producing theatre ensemble in Boston, creating low-frills work that focuses on actor and director craftsmanship and fun
- Our mission is to do excellent work that compels audiences to seek out more theatrical experiences
- Performed in NYC at Caroline’s on Broadway (sold out shows), The Tank, The Zipper Factory, The Knitting Factory (LA) etc. and resident troupe at Ha! Comedy Club.
- Hooray for Everything! the promo video was an Official Selection at Hollywood Film Festival for Comedy Short (2005).
- Education outreach: taught short-form improv to 8-13 year olds.
- Wrote parody songs and performed as soubrette, Naughtia Nice, in 24 scripted vaudeville shows (2006-2010)
- Member of a singing comedy duo with Bastard Keith (Broadway's Abe Goldfarb)
- Collaborated on Pinchbottom scripts and directed physical & wordplay comedy bits
- Co-created taxdeductible theatre’s The Dare Project, a festival of 10-minute plays based on audience dares
- Now in its 30th installment in NYC, with one installment of The Dare Project: Boston in 2016 produced by Anthem Theatre Company
- Responsible for all aspects of production, with emphasis on workshopping 75+ new short plays and directing
Are you looking for a monologue, acting, or song coach? Someone to help you polish up your work for a big audition or a public speaking event? Need to sharpen cold-reading skills? Contact me for a consultation & appointment.
Working on a dialect or dialect reduction? Working on putting your vocal fry away? Working out your fear of speaking in public? Working on breath support? Contact me for a consultation & appointment.
Is your theatre working on a movement-heavy play? Are you trying to loosen up? Need to break out of your normal choices? Need to be funny & use your body? Contact me for a consultation & appointment.